Monday, April 8, 2013

Dress for the SUN!

Spring is here and Summer is right around the corner!
I grew up in a city where this means it's time to buy a new bikini! I grew up in a city where bikinis are quite small and cover up just the necessary. Contrary to popular belief, going topless at Rio de Janeiro's famous Ipanema or Copacabana beaches is illegal! Actually, this is illegal at most Brazilian beaches - there are, however, designated "hidden" nudist beaches for those who enjoy it!

Anyways, I'd like to keep up the tradition of buying one or two new bikinis every year, but honestly, usually don't spend big bucks on this. I find that variety and quality is much more important than the brand name behind it, most of all, however, I look for something that fits me well.

I say this because I have a "tricky" body: I have a very small, tiny upper body and a more womanly, curvy lower body. I decided NOT to insist on having my Mom send me Brazilian bikinis over to the U.S. anymore. "That was so my early 20s...before I got pregnant!" I love the bikinis I can find over here because they fit me much better!

I got the inspiration to write this post from my quick trip to Target today. Yes, Super Target! I mean, have you seen the variety and prices on those bikinis? Bottom fro $14 and Top for $14! The GREAT, wonderful thing about buying bikinis at Target is that you can choose to buy an XS top with a M bottom. Mix & match without any issues. Or, if you're bustier (well, maybe one day I'll be, right?) you get the L or XL one and pick out the bottom you want, the one that fits you the best. I love it over there also because they have so many different cuts. Wanna cover up your belly? No problem! They got it! Want to go strapless? They got it too!

Same goes for buying bikinis at Victoria's Secret online. You can also mix & match sizes, for most part of it, and the bikinis are SO gorgeous. A bit pricier, yes, but what I do love about Victoria's Secret bikinis is the "enhancement" part: They really got me looking twice when I read "look 2 cups larger in your bikini"! That one can't seem to escape my mind! LOL...I wonder if it's comfortable?!

It's really about feeling comfortable, right? Most of us are a bit (or  lot) body conscious - we're all  on the same boat. We don't like our legs, but love our boobies. We don't like our bootie, but love our belly. We don't like our belly, but love our legs...and so on and so forth. If you don't like bikinis, that's alright, too! Target and Victoria's Secret have beautiful one-piece swimming suits!

Last year I became a pro in using self-tanning lotions to fake a tan. I'll look for some more natural alternatives, if they're out there, and will try them out. I'll report back to you soon!
For now, enjoy your Monday and just know the weekend is only 4 days away! :)

(image from Google Images) 

No comments: