Saturday, April 6, 2013

Give back program!

I love companies that give back! It's a real big deal for me. As everything else in life, there's just so much more of an impact if more people are involved, giving out that same great, powerful energy to make a difference.

Kohl's, which is one of my favorite stores for very good deals in clothes, purses, shoes, other accessories, gifts, kitchen equipment, home decor and kids' clothing (beautiful dresses...the cutest outfits!), and which you can  visit in every single State here in the U.S. has a great Give Back program! Kohl's began offering great deals in 1962 and keeps expanding its locations nationwide. They just opened 9 new stores in March of this year!

I had bought 2 gifts over there as a Thank You for Marija, who had made many delicious goodies for my little one's birthday party back in January. Our daily life "got in the way" for them and us didn't allow us to go visit her until last week. Before going to their house, I wanted to get her granddaughter Mia and my dear friend Jeje a little something as well, so I took my girls to Kohl's with me.

Upon entering the store my little one immediately picked up this stuffed alligator "by" Dr. Seuss. We decided right there baby Mia would get the Dr. Seuss stuffed elephant. Then I (for the first time!) spotted the "Kohl's Cares" sign, and saw a tag on each of the stuffed animals. Intriguing...The cost of the Dr. Seuss "Kohl's Cares" products was very affordable and made for a very nice gift to a child. At home I wanted to learn more about this program and here is what I learned:

Kohl's comes out with different products that make part of their "Kohl's Cares" program. After all expenses are paid, 100% of the net profit from the sales of these items are given to kids' health and education initiatives nationwide, as well as environmental initiatives and the fight against breast cancer. That is a very nice and easy way we can all make a difference, right? Examples of programs include College Scholarships, hospital partnerships, fundraising gift card programs, installation of solar power, buildings with LEED certification, volunteer programs and more.

This is a quote directly taken from their corporate website:

"We envision a future where kids are healthy, resources are plentiful and disease that affects women and their families is eradicated. Because the way we see it, giving back also means looking ahead."

Our $10 spent are just the beginning of MY personal partnership with Kohl's Cares to help make a difference!

What a great way to shop and be kind!



No comments: