Thursday, December 27, 2012

I AM very fond of food...

Where can I even start with this book?
It's got such natural charm and beauty, it evokes happy feelings in me!
Sophie Dahl did a tremendous job.

I first saw this book at Barnes & Noble and, of course, it immediately caught my attention. It's hard cover! It's BEAUTIFUL. The pictures inside make you want to "steal her life" for a second. They make you wanna run to the kitchen and cook and bake everything you possibly can.

The book is called "Very Fond of Food. A year in recipes" (2011), and the author invites the reader to join her in an adventure of life, food, laughter, stories and images so rich you can't help but fall in love. What a masterpiece and what wonderful recipes one can find inside! two of my favorite so far are:W\ Watercress and Gruyere Souffles, and Panettone bread-and-butter pudding! Oh, yum.

Sophie has tons of great recipes that incorporate loads of veggies and just a few meat-based recipes. As a Pescatorian, I value that a lot!

If you don't love food and don't love cooking, I understand, but this book makes for a GREAT gift.
Don't forget to write a few kind words to go along with your gift! :)


No comments: