Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve - Eve !

What was I thinking? Starting a Blog during the busiest month of the year? I guess spontaneity has entered my life without knocking on the door! Maybe this comes as a blessing, as I believe being spontaneous is NOT a bad thing; I just don't know (yet!) how to use it to my benefit!

With this said, you can see 11 days have passed since my first post. Not a problem. Let's allow the implications coming along with spontaneity sweep through and move along...The Blog is ON!

I hope you are able to spend Christmas with many of your loved ones! This is SUCH a special time of the year.

This year, we are mainly focusing on presenting the kids with gifts. The way we do it in our family is the following: The kids get our gifts on Christmas Eve and Santa's special gifts on Christmas Day.
We came to the conclusion Santa will eat way too many cookies and drink too much milk while he visits each household, so, Santa will find our favorite Protein Bar (Luna, flavor: Lemon Zest) and a refreshing glass of cold Almond Milk  (Unsweetened Vanilla) when he visits our home. Our little Nati suggested strawberries or carrots. I guess Santa will find all of this very interesting!...I will post pictures on Tuesday!

A note on Almond Milk: We love its flavor and smoothness. Almond milk is dairy and soy free. You can find it sweetened or not, flavored or not. It has been a staple in our household for over a year and a half now. I have never been a fan of cow milk and don't particularly love the taste of soy milk. I find Almond Milk delicious and so kind!

What I plan on doing for myself tonight is laying the girls to sleep and giving myself a relaxing manicure accompanied by a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio. I always do my own manicure. I learned so much from years and years of getting my nails done in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where I grew up! I had the same nail technician for years and by simply observing Rose do her magic I learned her tricks.

I wish you a great Christmas Eve-Eve (!) and hope you are able to unwind while getting the house, the kids, the gifts, the pets, the food...ready! Cheers! Don't forget to make time for yourself!

(All products mentioned here have a direct link to their web site, as well as a picture taken from their web site. I did not take these pictures myself.)

Wine for the evening: 2011 Banfi , San Angelo Pinot Grigio. This Tuscan wine has a lingering personality with hints of tropical fruits. I would consider it as a rich "Summer wine", however, we're in Florida! It's really not too cold here at all!
Nail Polish for Christmas Eve: Butter London "Queen Vic". This festive red wine color reminds me of a classy party girl! The best part is, it's formulated without the awful chemicals Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. I love using this on my girls' nails!







No comments: