Saturday, March 2, 2013

From my personal "Collection"!...

Don't we all have things we simply love? Some people are crazy about shoes. Others love journals and fancy pens. I have a friend who's the biggest "PEZ" collector (yes, the candy!...Hi, chica!)! We all have things, stuff, we love! These things make us happy, don't they?
I, for example, LOVE pajamas! If you know me, you didn't see this one coming, huh? I sort of collect pajamas! I use them, I really do! I'm a bit of a fake collector, guess. I USE my collections - I don't just leave them alone.
Another collection that I actively use is SOAPS! I LOVE soaps! The more, the merrier!

There are a few requirements for a soap to make it into may collection, though: It's gotta be "cruelty free" (not tested on animals" and should have the least amount of animal products (such as honey, goat milk etc) as possible. Handcrafted soaps are a big hit in my collection!

Some soaps I truly love come from two companies that are so hip and won't break your wallet: "Shea Moisture" and "Pharmacopia". The soaps from Shea Moisture are made in the U.S.A. and I find them at Walgreens and Target, while Pharmacopia soaps, made in Canada, I buy at The Vitamin Shoppe! You see, nothing that will require you to spend a lot. And the smell SO good!

Let me show you some examples of these great soaps that would also make great GIFTS!
Below you will see pictures of 4 soaps. It's so sad you can't smell them!...



While I love these 4 soaps, I'd like to point out the "African Black Soap" (great for troubled, combination skin - bumps on your back, anyone?). There is such an incredible story behind this soap! In 1912, Sofi Tucker started selling Shea Nuts at their local market in the small village of Bonthe, in Sierra Leone. When she was 19, this Mom of 4 and at that time widow, had a wide array of natural beauty products she was selling; all homemade! Sofi left a legacy, empowering disadvantaged women to follow their dreams of a bigger and brighter future! When you purchase these soaps from Shea Moisture, you're helping a wonderful cause! Isn't this simply amazing? Give the gift of kindness, to yourself and your loved ones!

No comments: