Thursday, March 7, 2013

So, why Kindness?

When I was an Etiquette Consultant, I had a wide range of topics to talk about. All of them were coated with kindness. Kindness was always present. After leaving the Etiquette Consulting Industry, I didn't entirely let go: I held on as strongly as I could to Kindness. This was in 2010 and my life has continuously been directed by kindness ever since.

I noticed kindness came disguised as so many different values, actions and virtues: goodness, consideration, friendliness, charity, honest concern, positive attitude, joyful disposition, a smile, the right words at the right time, politeness, generosity, a hug, love, a helping hand and so much more.

I also noticed the kinder I was, the better I felt, immediately! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
In addition, I noticed the more kindness I applied to my life, the more kindness happened to me in return. Again, no doubt about it. This has proven to be as true as it could be.

This is when I came up with the phrase "Be Kind. Feel Good.", that I still use nowadays, especially here as my Blog posts' signature. (More about "BKFG" later)

Simply put, when you act kindly, you WILL feel good. There is no way kindness coming from your part will EVER make you feel bad. It's impossible. If it does, then that act didn't truly come from the heart. Pay attention to this in your daily life.

I love how my daughter's school focuses so much on kindness. One of the classroom's rules states "My heart is kind" and kids are expected to respect that on a daily basis, from early on (we're talking about Pre-K age, 4-5 years old!).

If there's something GREAT in life that can truly enhance my life and the lives of my loved ones, I will do it. Kindness, while always having been used in my family when growing up, only became truly apparent and totally transparent to me as an adult, and this is the time when I can and will fully use it. Research has shown that (and I apologize for not being able to give you a correct citation at this time. I promise to look it up and post it when I find it!) when a person lives a kind life, meaning, consciously applies kindness on a daily basis, the brain's neurotransmitters in charge of activating feelings that make you relaxed and content are released. That's why when you're truly kind, you'll feel good for sure. I've been doing it for years, and so can you.

This Blog has Kindness as its theme. I don't want to just talk about random acts of kindness (which actually I haven't done yet!), but want to show you how Kindness can, indeed, be part of your daily life in pretty much all you do! From preparing meals and caring for your home, to making others feel good, to taking care of yourself, your family, friends and children, to finding meaningful and useful gifts, to checking out how businesses and others are making a difference and how you can help by practicing charity or what great products are out there that have that touch of kindness. Mostly, as a woman and a Mom, I know how hectic and super crazy life can be! Whether you work a lot, have children or pets as your babies, or a business as your baby, a demanding family overall, we CANNOT forget to be kind to ourselves. Be kind to yourself as well, and feel good, which will immediately have an enormously positive impact on your surroundings!

Hugs to all of you!



No comments: