Saturday, March 2, 2013

Always a Favorite: BlueZoo

Nothing like spending TIME with our loved ones, right?
I had the pleasure of spending 4 whole weeks, meaning the entire month of February, with my parents. Every single day we did something! My parents don't live close to us at all, and having them over always brings us guaranteed fun.

One of my favorite activities to do with them is dining out. Restaurants have been part of my life for the longest time. As children, we used to wander around the huge kitchen in the social (country) club we're still members of (in Brazil, it is VERY common for families to be part of so-called country clubs. It's nothing fancy over there. Although, some of them are quite pricey and loved by the elite!). Later on, I became fascinated by restaurants, especially service. The hotel school I attended helped satisfy my curiosity and I learned a lot. My passion for service, food and the entire dining experience is such a big part of my life as an adult. It brings me joy when my 3-year old tells me "Mom, I wanna go to the restaurant!".

One of my favorite places to dine here in the Central Florida area is "BlueZoo" by celebrity Chef Todd English. This marvelous restaurant is located inside Walt Disney's Dolphin Hotel. Serving a delectable array of appetizers, entrees, drinks and desserts, the menu features the freshest seafood appetizers and entrees inspired by a very strong international flare. This restaurant creates long-lasting memories for sure: Its design is intriguing. Glass becomes a work of art carefully and beautifully affected by perfect lighting. Colors and textures become important accents and the grand room is filled with music, loud conversation, laughter and a hint of coziness midst all the setting. Large columns and comfortable booths create anchor points where you want to hang out for the longest time.

(picture found in Google Images)

One of my favorite food choices over there are: 
- Tempura haricot vert (green beans) with truffle aioli: Perfect as a side dish, to share or enjoy with drinks!
- Chef's pasta: ALWAYS an awesome surprise. Comfort food meets culinary perfection! Could be an awesome Vegetarian option!
- Hawaiian Sea Bass: as a Pescatorian, this is my choice if I need a wonderfully delicious protein boost!

I recommend this place for celebrations of all kinds. Beware, it can get loud in there (or not, depending on the night of the week and time!). Go for an awesome happy hour at their lounge or dine with family (they do have a kids' menu! Hello?! It's Disney!), have fun with friends or coworkers! They even have private dining if you want to make it even more special! It's so hip with its vibrant atmosphere. Want to know something I truly LOVE about this place? They support our local community of farmers! Isn't that great? Happy Dining!


No comments: