Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Your skin SO deserves this!

I got good feedback from some of you about my post on cosmetics. Nothing like being KIND to our skin, right?
As I had written before, I would have been a great research subject for any Dermatologist over the years. Read my other post (click here) to understand what I mean!

Ever since I can remember, my Mom has always taken very good care of her skin. She's well over 60 now and always receives compliments on her skin. The benefits of using the right products, the need to protect, exfoliate, treat and put time (an sometimes $) into a good skin regimen SHOW. Alright, some of us have great genes that help tremendously, but, let's face it, it's not always the case. At least not my case!

My Mom has taught me by example. Her diligent routine has allowed me to understand, over the years, the benefits of taking good care of our skin. Mostly, protecting it from environmental damage, like the sun, cold, pollution or dry and recycled air. No matter what phase in my skin situation I was in (puberty, adult acne, dry & flaky skin, allergies, sunburn, you name it), there was always something that could be done.

But all these cremes, lotions, serums, ...all this time and money spent! Yes...it's not always easy. The idea of keeping it simple is so appealing, but that will also depend on your skin type, your budget, the time commitment you want to put into it and your age!

There is ONE product, however, that I now LOVE with all my heart and wished I had started using a while ago. This one thing goes well for every skin type and I say that because it's part of a major step: cleansing. I'm sorry, but don't you dare put on anything on dirty skin. No, no. Go wash it first!

I can't picture my life without the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System. If you don't have one yet, either go get one now or save up (prices range from around US$120 to US$235) because IT IS THE BEST.

Our hands-on way of cleansing our face and neck doesn't get all the dirt and make-up off, and if we wanted to try, we'd be scrubbing for the longest time, irritating our skin and potentially damaging our skin's collagen. Because our gentle hands can't possibly do the real deal work, creams, serums and lotions have a bit more of a challenge penetrating our skin, jeopardizing how many benefits we're truly getting from all these products.

What I find with  the Clarisonic brush is that it's gentle brush massager truly cleanses the skin. I can even feel the water totally refreshing my pores. I'm not joking. I use the Clarisonic brush mornings and evenings, and use a bit of the gel cleanser from that brand (they have a good variety of gel cleansers to use with the brush).You wet your face, apply the gel cleanser, turn on your handheld Clarisonic brush and use light, circular motions over the face to cleanse it. Then, you rinse your face with water. Work wonders. It's quick and efficient.

Do something GOOD for yourself and invest in a Clarisonic Cleansing System. I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed at all. If you want to pass the kindness along, this makes for a grate birthday gift, Mother's day gift, Christmas gift, Valentine's gift, raffle prize, silent auction prize or even graduation prize!

Please note, these are my personal opinions on this product. I don't have any connections or affiliations with Clarisonic International. I'm simply a very happy customer spreading the word and sending out good vibes!
(picture of the product found in Google Images)

Happy cleansing, all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the suggestion... My birthday is in April ;) haha just wondering if a manual face brush like the one The Body Shop stocks would have a similar effect? Xxx

Unknown said...

Hi there!
I tried one from Neutrogena, which is a brand you can easily find in Drugstores around. It's not the same, unfortunately!
I have not tried the one from The Body Shop, and I REALLY love The Body Shop! If you do, let me know!
Also....you may wanna leave your screen on with the post right there and maybe your Honey will see it! :)