Monday, March 4, 2013

Love your Home!

 I am no interior designer, but here are two simple ideas to make your house homier, and ...so easy to do! These are pictures from my house taken by me.

The first two pictures show a nice, simple accent to an extra bathroom you may have at home. These flowers are artificial, however, they have a very nice feel to them and look rich and silky! Take good care of them, and you can reuse them over the years in different rooms! They bring color and warmth to any small room! There are so many places where you can buy these inexpensive decorations for your home or office. I suggest looking at Target, Joann's, Pier 1 Imports, Macy's, Kohl's, Williams Sonoma or Bed Bath & Beyond. Many options for many budgets!





Another idea I had a few years ago was to create a decorative wall with pictures instead of paintings. It makes for a very personal touch to any space. It's art work filled with love, really! You can choose similar frames or very different, colorful ones. That is a matter of personal taste. You can hang them up symmetrically like I did, sort of creating a square with rectangular frames. I have another wall with the kids' pictures. This one is of our beloved pets (still a few missing on there!)!

I love art created by others an appreciate it very much. But this idea brings LOVE into your home!

Most pictures tell a story you can forever remember. There is nothing like creating long lasting memories that put a smile on your face! One note: Choose pictures taken from up close, so that you can easily recognize who's on it from far away.

Happy Monday, and have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

U+Me=Us said...

So glad to see you back in the blogosphere D! I love the new look and tone of this blog. Keep it up, i'll be reading :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, dear Jill!!!
It took a while, but with the help of a Blog Designer, I was able to put together a "more me" Blog and it's been so much fun! I hope to take this on a very long journey! :)
Thank you for reading! It means a lot to me!