Monday, March 11, 2013

Pure, Essential, Therapeutic and Kind!

Our sense of smell does wonderful things to us...From creating a cozy-yummy atmosphere in your home when the smell of a delicious home-cooked meal emerges from the kitchen, to your favorite perfume that inspires you to feel powerful at work or sensual at night...From the warm smell our little babies have to clean sheets or the fresh flowers in the park...You get the idea! What would we do if we weren't able to use our sense of smell to create a better life?

I have long been a fan of this amazing Aromatherapy company called "Aura Cacia". Aura Cacia was founded in 1981 and uses nothing but pure essential oils of high quality combined with a strong belief for ethical environmental sustainability, giving back, no animal testing and minimal animal by-products (just beeswax).

In a nutshell, Aromatherapy is the healing through the use of essential oils extracted from plants. Essential oils exist in leaves, blossoms, roots and seeds of plants. Usually, these oils are massaged on the skin or scalp or inhaled. Different oils are used for different purposes, and a combination of oils can be even more effective. Some can promote relaxation, while others help reduce inflammation or energize you and make you happier. Some make a small place become more welcoming and others help purify the air. From my understanding the key is to realize that essential oils are not the same as synthetic fragrances, which will not have the same effect. High quality essential oils will usually cost you more, however, they last for a long time. If you'd like to learn more about Aromatherapy, follow this link here.

These small spray bottles in the 2 photos I took are some of the Aura Cacia essential oils I have and use at home. I love them all, and it's impossible to choose a favorite one, as each serves a different purpose. If you read the labels, you'll understand what I mean.


I find they have worked well on my pets, as well. I spray (with "Chill Pill") the area they sleep in a bit before we all go to bed, and not only does it smell very pleasant, but it seems to calm them down. I do the same in our room and it works well for us and the kids.


At the office, I find myself using "Pep Talk" a lot, as it motivates and inspires me to focus on positive thinking.  You see, our sense of smell can be healing! And here a great travel tip: "First Response" purifies the surrounding air/area. It can be used in hotel rooms, meeting rooms, cars, rental cars and can even be used to purify your hands, and anything you touch, like a telephone, door knobs, remote controls! Isn't this great? I use it in my car all the time. Once a week, my 4 dogs "bombard" my car, and I often have a little mess from the kids in the back seat. This essential oil mist comes in very handy all the time!

Do something good for yourself and others and positively impact your surroundings. This is just an example... I have long believed and used Aromatherapy. It's wonderfully healing. Everything always smells so great!

Last but not least, there is something I love even more about Aura Cacia! It has a "Giving back" program, where they give 1% of their sales back to organic farmers around the world in order to help them build their small communities. You can find out more about the company and its giving back program by clicking here.

Oh, by the way...Aura Cacia products can be bought online through their web site, and at other retail stores. I bought mine at my local "Vitamin Shoppe"! It makes for great gifts!...

No comments: