Friday, March 8, 2013

Little girls' nails deserve the BEST!

Little, tiny fingers deserve what's best out there!

My girls love getting their nails painted and we usually do this on the weekends! My biggest worry is not a matter of an early onset of excessive vanity (honestly, I came to the conclusion that little girls are born with a nice healthy dose of vanity!), but the toxic chemicals present in nail polish.

Let's be realistic here: Kids put their hands in their mouths all the time. I truly don't want them to be ingesting all of the bad stuff.

So, I came across 2 companies that make beautiful nail polish with less toxic chemicals than other well known brands.

I often use them on my nails as well, after all, hey, we deserve good stuff too, and you can see them in the picture below: Zoya and Butter LONDON

Zoya's natural nail polish doesn't contain toluene, formaldehyde, camphor or DBP (phthalates). This is GREAT! They have over 300 colors to choose from, and I wish Ulta, the store I purchase them at here in Florida, had a larger selection. Please note, Ulta's web site is not showing they distribte Zoya. I don't know if they will discontinue carrying the line, so I suggest you either look at their web site or try different local nail salons.

Butter LONDON follows a "3 free philosophy" and the nail polish they sell is also free of toluene, formaldehyde and DBP. The great thing about Butter LONDON is that they also have beautiful lip glosses.  You can find them all at Ulta as well!

Again, as I had mentioned in previous posts: I have no affiliation with either Zoya or Butter LONDON. I simply love the brands and enjoy showing them off here! Good things deserve to be mentioned more often!

My point is: If I'll be spending money on my girls, I'll do so wisely. That doesn't mean "expensive". It means being conscious of what I'm paying for. In this case, I'm looking for less harmful health impact combined with fun and the possibility to create wonderful memories together!

I know what we'll be doing tomorrow morning after breakfast!... :)



No comments: